Sunday, October 12, 2008

Who wants a cupcake?

Today I baked my very first “school” cupcakes! Tomorrow my two year old will turn three and he gets to take show and tell and a snack. So tonight I baked up a storm and turned out some pretty cute cupcakes if I do say so myself. Evan (my 2 year old requested orange icing because orange is his favorite color) so I ran with it and this is my result.

As I finished the cupcakes and placed them in the little cupcake carrier, that I just purchased for this special occasion, I felt this little happiness. One because I am excited to have Evan carry those cupcakes to class tomorrow with such pride, two because I’m moving into the next threshold of motherhood. No longer is it just changing dirty diapers. I am now a mom of a pre-schooler, baking cupcakes for his class! I know it is such a simple thing but special and it makes me happy!

No comments: