Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Feeling Guilty

My kids watched way to much tv this morning and I'm feeling terrible. I scrubbed toilets and sinks, did loads of laundry, cleaned the kitchen, organized the toys and was feeling so accomplished until I realized that my children were being so good because I forgot to turn off the tv. I can't even think about how many hours were spent watching Yo Gabba Gabba because it will make my mommy guilt worse. The normal episode of me cleaning the house goes something like this.

#1 I start a load of laundry get everything in and someone yells "I went poopy" so I drop everything run to wipe a butt and realize the bathroom is gross.

#2 Start cleaning the bathroom then my one year old comes in and starts playing with the toilet so I pick her up.

#3 Start reading one year old a book, realize the books are a mess and start organizing the books.

#4 While organizing the books someone says they are hungry.

#5 Make lunch

#6 Feed lunch

#7 Clean up lunch, while cleaning up lunch my one year old starts playing with the dirty dishes in the dish washer so I close it and will clean up later then remeber laundry

#8 Darn it I never started the washer! So I start the washer and go to put some laundry away.

#9 While putting laundry away I realize it is nap time so laundry gets pushed to the side.

#10 Ahhh nap time, put my feet up, read a little magazine and enjoy some quiet time.....I don't think so

#11 Yelling "Trey get back in bed", "you already went to the bathroom", "you can have a drink when you wake up", "stop waking up your brother", "You don't have to sleep, just rest your eyes", "Daddy is going to be home soon", ......

#12 One year old wakes up because she already got a good 1 1/2 hour nap in while her brothers were stalling.

#13 Dinner, what are we going to have for dinner?

#14 "DING" Laundry's done, change it over, start new load

#15 Dinner, what are we going to have for dinner?

#16 Baby just dumped cheerios all over the floor

#17 Cleaning cheerios

#18 Pull the vacuum out, forgot kids were sleeping, now everyone is awake.

#19 Husband walks in and nothing is done, and what the heck is for dinner?

No comments: