Monday, December 22, 2008

I ate a whole gingerbread house...

I bought a little gingerbread house kit thinking, what a fun activity to do with my kids. We built it, covered it with icing and candy and I have found it to be irresistible. I didn't even know I liked gingerbread but when you coat anything with enough sugar it tastes delicious. After we built it we were all excited to bust into it. It started with the tree and some gumdrops. When the tree was gone I moved on to the house, but how do I inconspicuously eat the gingerbread house with no one noticing. I moved to the back corner of the house and began chipping away. As the house got weaker and weaker I knew it would soon fall and the boys would say+ "Who ate the gingerbread house?" So to save myself the humiliation I got the kids excited to crush it and put it in a plastic bag. I told them it would stay fresher that way. This made my new gingerbread eating obsession even easier. Over the course of the past week I have managed to eat an entire gingerbread house all by myself with just a little help from my kids. Does this mean I have a problem? Is that borderline eating disorder? I'm easing the pain by telling myself that when the holiday's are over I promise to be good but why is it so hard?

NOTE TO SELF: Next year skip the gingerbread house!

1 comment:

justme said...

ok, i am laughing b/c we have the same exact house and we decorated it and it looks nothing like that. one side has only yellow on it...i should post a shot. you guys look like pros....i however have not been eating it. i instead of have been eating the thumbprint cookies i made for santa.